Cook It and its partners have decided to offer you the best year of your life. Because we want to make your life easier, we have gathered companies from Québec into one single contest. We have it all figured out: food, transport, fashion and even physical health. All of this, for one whole year.
You could win:
– One year of Cook It boxes
– A one-year subscription to Énergie Cardio
– 500$ worth of shopping on Boutique Vestibule
– One year of Evive smoothies
– Two one-year subscriptions to Bixi
– 52 Poches & Fils t-shirts
– One year of skin care at Skins
– A 5000$ credit for an Atelier Jacob kitchen
– One mixology workshop for you and ten of your friends
– One year of Oatbox breakfasts
Contest ends on October 26th and the winner will be advised by email.
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER.
1. CONTEST PERIOD AND SPONSOR. The “WIN THE BEST YEAR EVER” (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Les Recettes Cook It Inc. (the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins on October 1st 2018 at 00:00:00 (midnight) Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on October 26th 2018, 2018 at 12:00:00 PM (nooon) ET (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. The following persons cannot participate in the Contest: officers, directors, employees, agents and/or representatives of Sponsor or its affiliates or related companies, advertising agencies, licensees, franchisees, partners, retailers, distributors and/or any other party related to the Contest. Also, any member of the immediate family of the persons mentioned in this section and any person living with them under the same roof (whether or not a member of their immediate family) cannot participate in the Contest. The term “immediate family” means fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, children, husbands, wives or spouses of the persons mentioned in this section, regardless of where they live.
3. PARTICIPATION. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Internet access is required to enter the contest.
During the Contest Period:Pendant la période du Concours :
Visit the contest page accessible through publications on the social networks of Chef Cook it and our partners and on the website of cook it at: www.chefcookit.com
You will need to enter the following information:
Last name and first name
LIMIT: One (1) Entry per photo during the Contest Period.
The entrant must submit each Entry personally. All Entries must be received during the Contest Period. Sponsor is not responsible for late, undelivered or invalid Entries, which will be disqualified. Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified within Sponsor’s sole discretion. Use of any automated system (including but not limited to, Entries submitted using any robot, script, macro, or other automated service) to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any person who submitted an Entry, the authorized account holder of the social media account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning social media accounts for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
4. ENTRY. Your Entry (or anything related to it, including, your comment and photo) must not contain anything that (i) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil or legal liability; (ii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iii) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (iv) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group (which include, but are not limited to, race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language); (v) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; (vi) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances; or (vii) in Sponsor’s sole discretion, links to or promotes a webpage; or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “commercial pitch,” promotional materials, junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation.
5. PRIZE. There is a total of one (1) prize available to be won, consisting of the following:
The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the price is $ 14,092.
The price is divided into 10 prices with the following values:
Year COOK IT Subscription: The total market value of the prize is $ 5,000 CAN for a one-year subscription for 3 meals per week at 3 servings per meal. The subscription will begin in December 2018 and will end in November 2019. The winner must provide a valid phone number where he can be reached.
Subscription for Energy Cardio for 1 year for a person with a market value of 480 $ CAN. COOK IT is in charge of transmitting the Energy Cardio contact to the winner. He will be responsible for collecting his prize from Énergie Cardio.
A CAN $ 500 credit at the Vestibule and Vestibule Mini shop: the total market value of CAN $ 500. COOK IT is in charge of transmitting the contact from the Vestibule shop to the winner. He will be responsible for collecting his prize from Vestibule.
A subscription to Evive for 1 year: the total market value of the prize is $ 540 CAN and includes a total of 12 boxes (1 box of 12 smoothies per month). COOK IT is in charge of transmitting the contact from Evive to the winner. He will be responsible for recovering his price from Evive.
A total of 52 Pocket and Yarn T-Shirts distributed in the year 2019: the total market value is CAN $ 1,800. COOK IT is in charge of transmitting the contact of Pocket and son to the winner. He will be responsible for recovering his prize from Poche et fils.
One year of Skins care: the total market value is $ 1,600 CAD. This price includes a total of 12 sessions limited to one treatment per session. COOK IT is responsible for passing the Skins contact to the winner. He will be responsible for collecting his prize from Skins.
A $ 5,000 credit at Atelier Jacobs: the total market value of this prize is $ 5,000 CAN. COOK IT is responsible for passing the contact of Atelier Jacobs to the winner. He will be responsible for collecting his prize from Atelier Jacobs.
One year of Oatbox lunch: the total market value is $ 240 CAD. The subscription will be available until December 2019.
A PUR VODKA workshop: the total market value is 550 $ CAN. This is a Mixology Workshop for the winner and 5 friends. COOK IT is responsible for transmitting the contact at PUR VODKA to the winner. He will be responsible for recovering his prize from PUR VODKA.
A one-year subscription at BIXI for two people: a total market value of $ 182 CDN. COOK IT is responsible for transmitting the contact at BIXI to the winner. He will be responsible for recovering his price from BIXI.
The Prize and its components shall be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, substituted for another prize or exchanged, in whole or in part, for money, unless otherwise agreed to by the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize by a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if Sponsor is unable to award the Prize as described. Sponsor disclaims any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied by fact or in law relative to the Prize, including but not limited to its quality and condition, except where prohibited by law. Any other costs or expenses associated not specifically described above will be the responsibility of selected winner.
6. SELECTION. October 26, 2018 2:00 pm ET at the offices of the Organizer located at 279 Sherbrooke Street West Montreal, QC H2X 1Y1, one (1) Entry will be selected at random from all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period as eligible to win the Prize. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period.
7. NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM CONDITIONS. The potential winner of a Prize will be notified via email within two (2) days of the drawing. By entering the Contest, entrant consents to notification by Sponsor in this manner. In the event that, for any reason, selected entrant does not contact the Sponsor within a two (2) day period following the notification, the selected entrant will be disqualified and Sponsor may, at its discretion, proceed to a new drawing amongst all eligible Entries received to identify another potential winner who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
To be declared a winner, the selected entrant must:
(i) respond to selection notification within the time period described herein; (ii) otherwise comply with these Rules.
In addition, the selected entrant must complete and sign a declaration and release of liability (the “Form”) which Sponsor will send by mail, courier, fax or email and which the selected entrant must return duly completed and signed within seven (7) days of receipt thereof.
If a selected entrant fails to provide the Form signed by the selected entrant within the prescribed deadline, or (iii) otherwise comply with these Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE. All Contest entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, email provider as well as their respective parent, affiliates or related companies, advertising agencies, licensees, franchisees, partners, retailers, distributers and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all claims, cause of action, or liability, including, without limitation, any injury, death or damage to or loss of property, resulting from the Contest, including but not limited to, the entry process or participation in the Contest or acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Releasees shall not be liable for any: (1) incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants; or an error related to the programming of the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, such as in particular, hardware or software errors; faulty computer; any malfunctions, inaccessibility of the Contest website in whole or in part for any reason; service interruptions or disconnections of wireless or Internet networks, telephone lines; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; (3) unauthorized human intervention at any stage of the Contest entry process or participation; (4) technical or human errors which may occur in the administration of the Contest or in the processing of Entries; or (5) any harm or prejudice suffered by persons, or any material damages resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance, use, implementation or misuse of the Prize. If for any reason, it is confirmed that an entrant’s Entry was deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted by error, the only remedy, which the entrant is entitled to, is requesting to obtain another Entry to the Contest, if possible.
9. PRIVACY. Sponsor and its authorized agents will collect, use, and disclose the personal information you provide at the time of Entry to the Contest for the purposes of administering the Contest and Prize fulfillment. Winners consent to the Sponsor’s use of their name, photographs, cities, voice, image and/or statements, related to their Prize for publicity purposes in any manner or media including the internet, at any time, in perpetuity, without compensation.
10. RIGHT TO MODIFY/SUSPEND/TERMINATE. If, for any reason, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) with respect to residents of Quebec, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, without notice or obligation.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Contest, or any part thereof, is impaired in any way for any reason or is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, programming errors, or technical failures, which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, and subject only to the approval of the Régie in Quebec for the residents of Quebec, void any Entry and: (a) terminate the Contest, or any portion thereof; (b) modify or suspend the Contest, or any portion thereof, to address the impairment and then resume the Contest, or relevant portion, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Rules; and/or (c) award the Prizes from among the eligible Entries in accordance with a fair and adequate selection.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify from this Contest any person which Sponsor deems or becomes aware has tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Contest website/platform/application, who does not comply with these Rules or acts in a manner that goes against the spirit of the Contest or adversely or with the intent to disturb, insult, threaten, intimidate or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE/PLATFORM/APPLICATION (OR A SITE LINKED THERETO) OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
All decisions rendered by the Sponsor are final and without appeal. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision contained herein. If any provision of these Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. The paragraph headings are used for reference purposes only and shall not affect the interpretation of the Rules.
12. QUEBEC. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.