The temperature’s rising and we’re all starting to feel like dusting off the barbecue! And barbecue means hamburgers … AND hot-dogs! To branch out from the same old typical ‘dogs with ketchup/mustard/relish, we’ve got three original and delicious recipe ideas guaranteed to tickle your tastebuds! Bon appetit!
N.B. For each of these recipes you’ll need sausages and your favourite hot dog buns. Get your sausages good and hot and cooked through, ready to be garnished. Also take note that these recipes are designed for two portions (2 hot dogs).
Here are the toppings we suggest:
- 4-6 slices of bacon
- 1 tomato, finely sliced
- 1/3 iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 2-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
Garnish your hot dog with all the toppings and season with pepper to taste.
- 1.5 cups of cooked freezer fries
- ½ cup cheese curds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ¾ cup beef stock
- 2 ml garlic powder
- 2 ml onion powder
- 2 ml paprika
- In a frying pan, melt the butter over a medium-high heat.
- Add the flour and stir together for 30 seconds.
- Add the stock and whisk until a smooth sauce forms.
- Add the spices and pepper. Mix. Remove from the heat but keep warm.
- Garnish the hot dog with the fries and cheese curds, and pour over the sauce.
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/3 pineapple, in cubes
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey & garlic sauce, or teriyaki, to taste
- 1 sprig coriander
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- Heat a frying pan with a dash of oil at a medium-high heat.
- Cook the pineapple cubes for 1 minute on each side, until browned.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the honey & garlic sauce.
- Garnish the hot dog with all the ingredients.